Check out these librarian recommendations that you can find on Hoopla for free, all you need is your library card!
- Legally Blonde
- Ella Enchanted
- What We Do in the Shadows
- I Kill Giants
- But I'm a Cheerleader
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson:
- For fans of Game of Thrones, Dungeons and Dragons, and other fantasy titles, comes the story of a young girl who can shapeshift into anything. She becomes apprenticed to the villain of the story and offers her services as his minion.
- Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen:
- A collection of comics from the perspective of a young woman who can't understand how to "adult". Sarah writes very funny comics about every day things, and they are all very relatable. Her comics are great for anyone looking for a laugh, and Hoopla currently offers all three of her books to borrow.
- The Avant-Guards by Carly Usdin:
- Looking out for my sports fans out there! Sad about basketball being canceled? Catch up with the new basketball team at the Georgia O’Keeffe College of Arts and Subtle Dramatics as they navigate creating a team for an art college as well as relationships within the team that could destroy all their hard work. Great for fans of the traditional sports stories, but with a twist!
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo:
- Great for fans of The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and Jackpot by Nic Stone. Emoni Santiago must balance many things in her life including being a teen mom and thinking about the future she wants. She doesn't have time for boys or anything other than school and her home life. But everything changes when her school offers a new kind of class: Spanish cuisine. Now that a new wrench is thrown into her life, can she keep her balancing act up?
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake:
- Great for fans of The Cruel Prince by Holly Black and Scythe by Neal Shusterman. Triplet queens are born to the kingdom and must destroy each other after their 16th birthday to claim the thrown. Each queen has a different ability like poison or controlling animals that will help them murder their sisters. Who will rise to the top amid the bodies?
- A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee:
- Great for fans of Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. Monty is excited to escape his father and his life of expectations when he takes a year long tour of 18th century Europe with his best friend Percy (whom he may have a crush on). But his plans are nearly foiled by his father when he gives Monty a chaperone who is trying to keep his partying down to a minimum. Luckily, Monty is stupid enough to steal something important from someone high up in the government and must run for his life across Europe, effectively leaving the chaperone behind. Once on their own, Percy and Monty must navigate the world and their feelings for each other.