Apply for a Library Card
Any resident, 18 years and older, of the Brentwood School District, is eligible for a library card. Any resident under 18 MUST have parent or legal guardian present. In addition to borrowing library materials, your card allows you to download digital media, search hundreds of electronic databases, reserve a computer, and more.
Proof of residency, ownership, or property or a business is required.
Proof of residency, including name and street address, is required from one of the following:
• New York State Driver’s License or Non-Driver’s Photo ID
• New York State automobile registration or insurance card
• Town of Islip Recreation Card
• Current NOTARIZED lease agreement on official letterhead
• Current homeowner’s tax receipt
• Property Deed
• Any piece of mail with envelope (utility bill, bank statement, letter), POSTMARKED WITHIN THE LAST TWO (2) MONTHS
• Residents' cards will be valid for three years
Get a Temporary Library Card
This temporary card will give you immediate access to most online library services. Be sure to come to the library within 90 days to obtain a permanent card as your temporary card will expire.